Work-Life Balance - You get it through Financial Freedom

Posted by Jay Castillo | 7/30/2007 10:03:00 AM | 1 comments »

Financial freedom, that is my goal. Just what is financial freedom? From the game Cashflow 101 by Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, it is simply having more passive income than your expenses. It means you don’t have to work a single day for the rest of your life as you are already out of the rat race. Passive income? Rat race? What are those you may ask? You wake up early in the morning, go to work, work hard all day, get a salary, pay your bills, wake up early in the morning, go to work, work hard all day, get a salary, pay your bills… a never ending cycle. That’s the rat race. If you are in the rat race, you are at the mercy of your employer or your source of income that is not passive. You simply have to work hard, otherwise, you won’t have food on the table, no water, no shelter... get the picture?! Passive income is income that goes to your pocket whether you lift a finger or not. With this blog, I’ll try to share my thoughts and experiences on my journey to financial freedom, along with all the adventures in my work and family life, and how I am constantly balancing the two. Of course work-life balance is definitely easier to achieve when you are out of the rat race.

In some way, I would also like to thank and give credit to the kind hearted individuals out there who have become my friends, mentors, or who have helped me one way or another in this journey of mine. I hope this would be of help to those who are also on the same journey. This would also be a good place to announce to the world when I have already achieved financial freedom… which is soon, very soon!!!

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 30, 2007 at 11:13 PM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.